News: New toll surcharge from 15/06/23. Read more.
About the project
The E39 Rogfast project involves crossing the Boknafjord north of Stavanger with a 26.7 kilometer long underwater tunnel.
The project is planned opened in 2031.
Read more on Statens vegesen's pages here.
Toll surcharge on ferries
On the ferry connection E39 Mortavika - Arsvågen, tolls are currently collected in advance for E39 Rogfast, cf. Prop. 117 S (2012-2013).
The ferry ticket includes the ferry fare and the toll surcharge.
No discount is given on the toll surcharge, with the exception of zero-emission vehicles that receive a 50 percent discount on the toll surcharge provided a valid agreement.
Motorcycles are not exempt from paying tolls on the ferry.
Exemption from tolls
Exemptions are granted in accordance with current road tariff decitions. As of today, the following exemptions apply:
- Passengers in all types of vehicles
- Walking and cycling
- Public transport by licensed route *
- Uniformed emergency vehicles, as well as civilian emergency vehicles in service assignments *
Exemptions marked with * require a valid electronic tag and agreement.
The goals set for the planning and construction of E39 Rogfast are;
- E39 Rogfast will contribute to developing E39 as an important connecting road for Western Norway as part of the national transport corridor along the West Coast.
- The project will contribute to the development of a coherent freight transport system with supplies to the central ports and other hubs along the West Coast.
- E39 Rogfast will contribute to developing a common housing and labor market for Nord-Jæren and Haugalandet.