How does the Bomringen in Bergen know what rate I have to pay?

Veronica Solås

For Norwegian vehicles we get information about the environmental and fuel class from the Norwegian National Road Administration’s motorcar register, and you do not need to do anything.

If you are unsure about the environmental class of your vehicle, you can check it on the Vehicle Information Service at the Norwegian Public Roads Administration’s website.

If you have a foreign vehicle, you must register your vehicle data on the following page:

If you do not update environmental information on your foreign vehicle, you will be charged the highest rate within the rate group.