Qualifying for exemption means that you can pass through the toll stations for free.
Vehicle groups marked with a * must have a valid AutoPASS agreement and tag in the vehicle to qualify for exemption or reduced payment. The exemption must be documented.
The following groups are exempt from payment:
- passages in all vehicle types
- cyclists and pedestrians
- vehicles registered as motorcycles and mopeds, and ATVs registered as four-wheel motorcycles.
- public transport in service*
- marked emergency vehicles, as well as civil emergency vehicles on official duty*
- Reduced mobility drivers* (The exemption only applies in toll rings and with a municipality-issued parking permit.)
- ATVs registered as tractors are not eligible for toll payment exemption.
- Tractors are not eligible for toll payment exemption.
- Finnfast discount: Tractors pay the same as light vehicles. Vehicle must have a valid AutoPASS agreement to qualify.
- Zero Emission vehicles (electrically powered vehicles registered with fuel code 5 and hydrogen vehicles registered with fuel code 6) are no longer exempt from payment in all toll stations. This will consist of a growing number who are introducing reduced payment for zero emission vehicles.*
Toll projects that have started with payment for zero emission vehicles you find HERE.